Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Julianne's First Day of Kindergarten....





The day finally came - Julianne's first day of kindergarten. She chose to wear a Hannah Montana shirt with some cute pink sparkly shorts. Of course, she was also armed with her Hannah Montanna backpack and folders...oh, and Hannah Montana socks too.

I think she was excited, but we couldn't tell. She was aware that I was semi-not looking forward to it, so she may have been holding back on it. She understands why it's kind of a sad day for me. Anyway, no tears until she begins to march from the playground up to the school with the rest of her class. Then I pretty much cry all the way home. I took the day off today because she gets out early...okay - the real reason was so I could sit home, cry, and eat ice cream. Just kidding. I wanted to be here when she went to school AND when she came home.

We ended up taking her this morning and I'll pick her up - but, tomorrow - she will ride the bus for the first time and that will be another hard day. I can see her throwing a fit if there are no seatbelts on the bus.

So - after we drop her off at school, I realize that I can't find my phone. I look everywhere thinking that with lack of sleep and the drama of the morning - it literally could be anywhere. I'm even checking the trash, fridge, silverware drawer - you name it...I looked there. I called the school to see if anyone had turned it in. Finally, I drive to the school to retrace my steps around the playground to see if I'd lost it. Nope, no luck.

Yes, I finally found it....................................You will never guess where I subconsiously put it (okay - Sarah guessed it - but she and I share a mommy-brain)....................................................................................................................................................................

I found it in her backpack! I don't even remember carrying it around when we left, but at some point - I put the phone in the back pocket of it.

No comments: